Pass through share as disk in Windows VM?

digiblur

I've been searching around and can't seem to find someone else that did it.  Would it be possible to pass through a share like /mnt/user/music to a drive letter in the Windows VM where it would appear like a local drive to the VM?  I tried a couple things in the XML editor based on some other examples but didn't get anything to work correctly.  

You cannot do this in the VM's XML.   Instead you do this just like you would on a physical Windows machine!     You connect to the unRAID share via the network and use the option in Windows to map the network share to a drive letter.  

I can't use that method. I need the disk to look like an actual local disk.
8 hours ago, digiblur said:

I can't use that method. I need the disk to look like an actual local disk.

Depending upon the software that you're trying to make work, you might be able to create a symbolic link to the mapped drive on your existing C: drive

Google mklink

50 minutes ago, Squid said:

Depending upon the software that you're trying to make work, you might be able to create a symbolic link to the mapped drive on your existing C: drive

Google mklink

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately the mklink doesn't work either.  I have about 10 months left on my Backblaze subscription and wanted to use it in a windows VM.  It's currently running on a Windows box that I'm moving my data off to Unraid.  I guess my only option is to go Crashplan though but I worry about the memory usage issues I hear about all the time with medium to large datasets (8-12 TB).  

Archived