Does this sound like a cable error

• 2 weeks later...

Ran ChkDsk and on the USB and found no issue with the flash drive.

I replaced the controller card which I was Leary of.

Upon boot I am now showing 2 drives redballing. Both of these drives have never had issues with; SMART histories look good and they are both passing SMART History testing. I have attached the tests results for Disk1 and Disk2 respectively and the latest diagnostics.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

epcot-diagnostics-20170831-1538.zip

epcot-smart-20170831-1546_Disk1.zip

epcot-smart-20170831-1546_Disk2.zip

The rebuild did complete successfully. I started a parity check after the rebuild to run overnight. The next day it reported parity check as having failed with errors (indicating it was user-aborted; which it definitely was not). This was the first time I saw both drives had red balled.

Edited by DJRon

Then go to Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply

Check all disks are correctly assigned, if not assign any missing, before starting the array check "parity is already valid" (though it's likely not completely valid), then start the array and run a parity check, some sync errors are expected, if there are any more issues grab the diagnostics before rebooting.

OK Parity check completed

Last check completed on Fri 01 Sep 2017 02:12:39 AM EDT (today), finding 1371 errors. 
Duration: 9 hours, 29 minutes, 35 seconds. Average speed: 117.1 MB/sec

What are the next steps to make sure everything is still ok?

I still have a new drive I need to preclear to replace a drive (not one of the previously red balled ones) that is reporting bad sectors.

Thanks.