ryzen build crashing

yanksno1

So I built my ryzen server a few weeks ago and have been experiencing crashing every so often. Usually happens around the 15 hour mark. Pretty much all the time I have to do a restart to get it going again, I can't access the computer (it's down from the network) to do it from there. I ran a memory test for about 40 hours or so and that came back clean. The latest crash I actually didn't need to do a restart and told me that the server detected hardware errors. I installed the NerdPack plugin and posted my diagnostics. Think it's the PSU that's giving me issues? My build consists of the following: 

AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor

MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard

Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

EVGA - GeForce GT 730 4GB Video Card

Fractal Design - Define R5 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

CORSAIR CX-M series CX450 450W 80 PLUS BRONZE Haswell Ready ATX12V & EPS12V Modular Power Supply

SAS9211-8I 8PORT Int 6GB Sata+sas Pcie 2.0

Seagate 10TB IronWolf NAS SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive (ST10000VN0004) x2

Crucial M4 SSD 64GB for Cache

Team C123 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for Boot drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tower-diagnostics-20170823-2311.zip

• 4 weeks later...

well, fingers cross, but I think the upgrade did the trick for me too. My setup is a little different, but very similar: Ryzen 3 1200 4 core 3.1Ghz, 16GB (1 stick) DDR4 3200 on an Asus ROG STRIX B350F. It's all very black. Anyhow, finished the pre-clear, and parity build, and I've been coping data to it from the old server using rsync and gigabit ethernet. Looks like it hovers around 240 Mb/s ethernet, and 60MB/s hard drive write speed (Dynamix Status plugin). Should take about 80 hours of writing. So far server has been solid and is about two days up and running.

Got a pic of your build? Here's mine

RJFAljr.jpg

Yeah, looks like I had another crash last night. Did approach a new milestone of 12+ days of uptime though (never got close to that before), so that's good. Anything else I should try? 

@dkerlee nice build! How's it going so far for ya? I'll have to take some pics later. 

EDIT: Just updated to version 6.4.0-rc9f so we'll see how that goes. 

So I rolled back to 6.3.5 trying a few things and now want to update to 6.4.0-rc9f again. I can't find your upgrade link (is it gone?) and don't have the option to upgrade from 6.3.5 in the Tools/About section. Can you point me in the right direction to upgrade again? Much thanks. 

• 4 months later...

Archived