Jump to content
fanningert

[Support] Cloud Commander

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

I am using this docker but I had to change the port number from the default 8765 to 8899.  But when I try to start the web UI the docker still tries to use port 8899 and I get an error.  How do I change it so that when I start the web UI from the unRAID GUI to make it go to the correct port?

Share this post


Link to post

This docker does not seem to actually use the port numbers entered in the docker config.  I am using this in unRAID 6.4.1 and I am using a network type of br0 and I have given the docker its own IP address of 192.168.1.82.  I have set the port to 80 but I can only access the UI at port 192.168.1.82:8000.  Shouldn't I be able to access the web UI at port 192.168.1.82:80?

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, wayner said:

This docker does not seem to actually use the port numbers entered in the docker config.  I am using this in unRAID 6.4.1 and I am using a network type of br0 and I have given the docker its own IP address of 192.168.1.82.  I have set the port to 80 but I can only access the UI at port 192.168.1.82:8000.  Shouldn't I be able to access the web UI at port 192.168.1.82:80?

 

Not that I use the app, but the docker run command would be great

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I thought if you designated a IP for a container the port mappings became irrelevant?

Share this post


Link to post

Here is the Docker run command.  @CHBMB - if the port mappings are irrlevant then does that mean that you can't change (for example) the http port for an Apache docker from 80?  Or would you have to do it in the config files internal to the docker?

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='CloudCommander' --net='br0' --ip='192.168.1.82' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'TCP_PORT_8000'='80' -v '/':'/UNRAID':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/cloudcmd':'/root':'rw' 'coderaiser/cloudcmd'

 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, wayner said:

Here is the Docker run command.  @CHBMB - if the port mappings are irrlevant then does that mean that you can't change (for example) the http port for an Apache docker from 80?  Or would you have to do it in the config files internal to the docker?

 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='CloudCommander' --net='br0' --ip='192.168.1.82' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'TCP_PORT_8000'='80' -v '/':'/UNRAID':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/cloudcmd':'/root':'rw' 'coderaiser/cloudcmd'

 

Internal config files if I'm right in my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post

OK, then how do I edit the port in Cloud Commander as I would like to just use port 80.  Strangely there are no files in the /appdata/cloudcmd folder - every other appdata folder has files in it.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, wayner said:

OK, then how do I edit the port in Cloud Commander as I would like to just use port 80.  Strangely there are no files in the /appdata/cloudcmd folder - every other appdata folder has files in it.

 

No idea, you'd have to look at the github code and figure it out, and probably fork the code and build it yourself I'd guess....

Share this post


Link to post

Presumably this is a poorly designed docker as others allow you to make config changes by changing config files in the appdata folder.  I guess I will just blow away this docker and use an alternative.

Share this post


Link to post

Actually it turns out I am in the wrong thread anyhow - the support thread is actually here as I am using cheesemarathons docker:  

 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, wayner said:

Presumably this is a poorly designed docker as others allow you to make config changes by changing config files in the appdata folder.  I guess I will just blow away this docker and use an alternative.

 

It's actually the official docker.  And the alternative you're looking at is the exact same container.  Both the OP of this thread and the alternative have just created templates to use the official Cloud Commander container.

 

You're just trying to do something with it, that it was never designed to do.

Edited by CHBMB

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, wayner said:

Which one - this one by fanningert or the cheesemarathons one?

 

Both of them.  Unraid doesn't have any special docker containers.  The only thing separating Unraid from any other Linux docker implementation is the addition of the templates to make it easy for people to install. 

 

Most of the containers here, such as those by linuxserver and binhex we produce the actual container and the template, so essentially a custom build.

 

This cloud commander container from fanningert is JUST the template to the official container.  cheesemarathons is also JUST the template to the official container.  You could do exactly what they've done by searching for cloud commander in Community Applications and making your own template.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CHBMB said:

And the alternative you're looking at is the exact same container.

Yup, and I missed it.  Since both maintainer's are pretty much equivalent, I've consulted the all seeing oracle

s-l500.jpg

And am removing fannigert's from CA to avoid any confusion

Edited by Squid

Share this post


Link to post

I've been using CloudCommander to clean up some rather large file stores and I have come across an oddity.  Whenever I create a new directory, the file permissions are 775.  This is a pain in the ass as I have to Chown every new directory.  Is there a place to alter new dir permissions in the config?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.