Parity Issue not correcting

So I have this problem with constant parity errors that started up recently as seen in the screenshot.

The 'write corrections to parity' is always selected.

Between the 10/3 and 10/5 dates, i rebooted the server and ran extended smart check on all the drives, no issues reported.

How can I find out what's wrong?

I havent added/removed any files to the array since the start of this issue. In addition, none of my VM/dockers use write-storage on this array, so this array has been quiet save manual smart tests and parity checks. Prior to 10/1 I had the disks configured to spin down when unused, I took that off on 10/3 to see if there was any difference.

unRAID Version 6.3.5 2017-05-26

unraid issue.PNG

Then the manual is wrong, since it says only ECC memory is supported, that's normal for a server board and also kind of a waste to not be using it, you already have a server board and a Xeon, there's no significant price difference between Non-ECC and unbuffered ECC.

3 hours ago, rxauin said:

if I had the wrong memory wouldnt I have noticed problems earlier?

If it's the RAM it's not because it's wrong, but because it's faulty, try with just 1 DIMM at a time, if you still get errors with either one then it's probably not the RAM, since it's unlikely to have two bad DIMMs, but don't forget you need at least two parity checks with each DIMM, it's normal for the 1st one to still find sync errors, but there should be none on the 2nd one if it's fixed.

To put some closure on this thread.

As I was replacing the memory, I noticed one of the clips wasnt secure, it was probably loose and got jostled while moving it to the basement rack. Either way, I replaced the memory with ECC and the system seems a lot better, I used to get random segment faults in php in my logs, and that hasnt happened since, also havent seen any more parity errors.

Edited by rxauin