Can't Delete Files through Share

Every file I try to delete says this. I made a new user and tried making new shares. I know I'm kinda new to Unraid (I've screwed up a few times as proof) but I swear I can't find where I am over looking.. I can add files, but not delete, move or anything else. If I use Krusader, I can delete them..  Any Ideas where I'm over looking? Thanks.. 

Unraid 1.png

I was on windows..   I was running windows server 2008 then I started having issues, so I just went with windows 10..  Now I thought I would convert to unraid and try to use it from now on. I have heard alot of good stuff about unraid...  So far (other then screwing up a few times) I really like it (I just wish unraid could serve Itunes apple tv, I'm switching to plex now)..   What do I need to do? Thanks for the quick help..

I can't run the docker safe until I get through preclearing drives. But basically, I just need to go there and hit run? I had to replace three drives that died (or was dieing) from window to unraid. I am preclearing the new drives now. Just taking a very long time.. To build the parity took three days with hardly anything on 6 3tb drives. Now I have 10 3tb drives and two 4tb drives. and the second parity will be done in 2 days.

If the file(s) were say on a disk you copied over to a share via something like mounting the drive with Unassigned Devices and using Krusader or unBalance or whatnot to move the files over, then permission issues are possible.  

The only time I've ever had permission issues with files created on Windows and transferred over SMB to a share was with using robocopy, which trashes normal smb permissions.

12 minutes ago, Melocco said:

What do I need to do?

19 minutes ago, Squid said:

Install Fix Common Problems Plugin, then hit Tools - Docker Safe New Permissions

• Thanks 1

Ok..  That makes since..  I copied the files from my backup external drives to the pool through krusader...  So I just need to finish restoring my backups then run the fix, right? Also, since you seem to be a grand wizard or grand pooba of unraid (stuff you wrote and as many post that you have), do you know of a tool or something that would let me backup my files from a share to a usb drive automatically? Reason I ask is I have everything backed up on it and had a sync program running on windows so it the system went down, I would still have everything..  I have my drives in a fire safe hooked to a 3.0 hub so if its a fire, I still have them..  Only thing I have found so far is to copy them my self with krusader...  Thanks in advance and thanks for all the help...  I hope to one day beable to help people with unraid..  It's a really nice setup..   

Default unRaid permissions on shares are "Public" -> anyone has RW access to the files.  Then there's also Secure, and Private.  You create users (easiest if they match the Windows login name) and assign them appropriate permissions to each share.  Assumes of course that the linux permissions on the files themselves are correct.

• 2 years later...
On 1/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, Squid said:

If the file(s) were say on a disk you copied over to a share via something like mounting the drive with Unassigned Devices and using Krusader or unBalance or whatnot to move the files over, then permission issues are possible.  

The only time I've ever had permission issues with files created on Windows and transferred over SMB to a share was with using robocopy, which trashes normal smb permissions.

Dude..... almost 3 years later and this post fixed my problem in 2 minutes... THANK YOU!

• Like 1