(solved for now) [unRAID 6.4 stable] Slow network speed between 2 servers

Hello, guys,

I have a strange behavior with my 2 servers. First of all, the HW-specs.

Media server (aka Server A): Asus P8Z77 WS, Intel Xeon E3-1230v2, RAM 32GB, array consisting of 7 mixed hard disks plus SSD (Sandisk Plus 480GB) as cache, OS unRAID PLus 6.4.

Backup server (aka Server B): Asus A88XM-A, AMD A8-7600, RAM 8GB, array consisting of 5x4TB Toshiba plus SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 120GB) as cache, OS unRAID Trial 6.4.

Gaming rig: Asrock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+, Intel i7-6700K, RAM 16GB, 3 SSDs for system and data, OS Windows 10 Pro.

Switch: 8-port GBit (TP-Link or Trendnet)

Copy data (size 2MB-40GB) from the gaming rig to server A or B on the shares with ~110 MB/second.

Copy data (size of 2MB-40GB) from Server A to Server B using Krusader (Docker with SMB network connection) at ~45 MB/sec.

Copy data (size of 2MB-40GB) from server B to server A using Krusader (Docker with SMB network connection) at ~45 MB/sec.

It doesn't matter if I copy a single small file (20MB), a single large file (35GB) or several files with a total of 100 or 200GB. The speed remains at ~45 MB/s.

If I connect the shares of servers A and B to my gaming rig and then copy them from server A to B, the speed increases to ~110 MB/s.

Before I switched server B to unRAID 6.4 I had tried Openmediavault 3.0.96 and 4.0.14 on this server. It was the same result, direct writing with docker from server A to server B with only ~45 MB/second.

The settings are the same on both servers, Fix Common Problems does not report any warnings or errors.

BR

Peter

Edited by hitman2158
Problem solved for now, bottleneck is something with Krusader