We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Drive failure need help

francrouge

new things to check power down the server and check the SATA Data cable is connected.

If you have a spare SATA data cable try replacing it.

If you are using a Marvel SATA controller on your motherboard try using one of the other SATA ports.

If you have ACS enabled in your VM Manager under settings try turning that off you can have IO MMU group issues cause data problems.

I have had issues with ACS on and data errors across several drives.

Hi again 

I just checked and i dont have the acs unable.

ok So i swap my 8tb and installed one of my 3tb wich is alreasy in the array.

I boot the server and unraid tell me that the 3tb is good and he is seeing my 8TB like a new drive .. 

I did a short smart test on the 8TB.

Extended test is on his way

But how the "/"$% the drive is working  if my 3 tb works in the same slot the 8 was.

nas-smart-20180121-2020.zip

You need to rebuild the disable disk, either to the old or to a new disk, new disk would be safer in case there's a problem with another disk during the rebuild, if you use the old disk check that the contents of the emulated disk look correct since whatever is there is what is going to be on the rebuilt disk.

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

You need to rebuild the disable disk, either to the old or to a new disk, new disk would be safer in case there's a problem with another disk during the rebuild, if you use the old disk check that the contents of the emulated disk look correct since whatever is there is what is going to be on the rebuilt disk.

Hi 

Ok I will do that. But I was wondering if my problem could be related because i upgrade to 6.4 few days ago ?

I'm seeing people on the forum with the same problem.

thx

Archived