pickled myself

I installed a new sas controller card, before hand all drives were plugged into the mainboard. I cross-flashed a dell perc h310 to to lsi 9211 it mode. plugged all my drives into it and booted up. Well it didn't like my ssd cache drive and rejected it and put it in unassigned devices. so i plugged that back into the mainboard and it was recognized again.  But now some of my dockers are not working properly, specifically plexpy and the tautilla app, could be more those are just the two ive noticed so far. I'm afraid it created a new appdata directory and files when it auto started the array after the first reboot. How or what do i do to fix the dockers? Thanks in advanced.

Generally SSDs should be plugged into fast / high bandwidth controllers. Motherboard ports are usually best. SSDs consume a lot of bandwidth, so even though a controller has 8 ports, you might only have enough bandwidth for 7 drives. And if one of these is an SSD, you might only have bandwidth for 4 spinners.

Motherboard ports can typically handle full bandwidth, even with SSDs, leaving your add on controllers handling spinners exclusively.

Another reason, most older add on controllers do not support performing the trim operation on SSDs, an important maintenance activity to provide long life to SSDs.

I should know! If I don't get trimmed once in a while I slow down, lose stuff, and feel like crap! ;D

• Like 1