We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Unable to upgrade unRAID

Franklin

Apologize in advance that I have only rudimentary understanding of unRAID, but have been satisfied user for many years.  Currently running unRAID 6.1.8.  Have no plugins other than those built-in (Dynamix webGUI and unRAID).  Everything has been working normally for more than a year (and still is, except for upgrade failure).  Attempting to upgrade to 6.4.0.  Plugin page shows this update as available, but when I try it fails (see attached screenshot).  Tried to run diagnostics, but all I get is "404 File not found."  Attempted manual upgrade by copying 6.4.0 bzimage and bzroot to flash drive, but could not get system to come online.  Tried installing Fix Common Problems plugin, but get another error (see attached screenshot).  System devices screenshot and portion of system log created after reboot and repeat attempt at upgrade attached as well.  Any suggestions on how to successfully upgrade would be greatly appreciated.

Install plugin error.png

PCI devices.png

unRAID update fail.png

Partial system log.txt

4 minutes ago, Franklin said:

I believe 1 GB of RAM.

That's awfully low for unRAID 6.2+.  I know the posted minimum requirements are 1GB (plus 200MB if you run GUI mode), but 2GB is more of a practical minimum.  Do you have another stick of RAM you could throw in your server?

13 minutes ago, tdallen said:

That's awfully low for unRAID 6.2+.  I know the posted minimum requirements are 1GB (plus 200MB if you run GUI mode), but 2GB is more of a practical minimum.  Do you have another stick of RAM you could throw in your server?

I don't mind buying new RAM, if that will help with the upgrade problem.  This is a system that I purchased pre-assembled from Limetech probably close to 10 years ago.  Still works great!

Despite the statement in the popup above, the specs for that board say it can take up to 4GB.  For next steps, I’d check the current BIOS version and see if there is an update available (it might be necessary to support more memory).  At the same time I’d check and see how the memory banks are populated (all full, any empty?).  You should be able to see that in the BIOS, but if not you might have to crack the case open.

Archived