We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Fix Common Problem MCELOG hardware problem

jluong

Very, very early in the bootup the system had a mce (hardware) error.  You can try having FCP rescan and then see if any details are logged in the syslog (now that you have mcelog installed), but I'm not sure if anything would be logged accessible to mcelog if it wasn't running prior to the error occurring.  (And the error is so early that its impossible to mcelog to be installed prior).

If nothing else shows in the syslog after a rescan, basically you are in a wait and see game to see if an mce error occurs again at which point it would get properly logged and then go from there.)

My unraid server just went down again, this has been reoccurring every so often and I dont know why. By going down the system is not physically going down. The system is still on and running, but it just disappears from my network and cant access its services from any of my devices. I have attached the syslog and read through most of it, but I have no idea where to start as I am still very new to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

syslog (5)

1 hour ago, jluong said:

My unraid server just went down again, this has been reoccurring every so often and I dont know why. By going down the system is not physically going down. The system is still on and running, but it just disappears from my network and cant access its services from any of my devices. I have attached the syslog and read through most of it, but I have no idea where to start as I am still very new to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

syslog (5)

Are you using the Ryzen tweak?

Archived