We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Multiple disks unmountable 6.3.5

Nism0

You have 2 invalid disks with single parity, so both can't be emulated, disk13 has filesystem issues that should be fixed by running xfs_repair.

As for the two invalid disks, any idea if any of them was written to after it was disabled? (disk12 will have some damage since it was rebuilding until you stopped it).

As for the reason for the issues, you rebooted meanwhile and the syslog doesn't cover what caused this, but disk2 has pending sectors, disk13 shows some recent reported uncorrected errors, you're also using a SAS2LP, they have known issues with unRAID v6 and all disks with issues are connected there.

Your best bet is probably doing a new config, then run an extended SMART test on both disk2 and disk13 and try to fix the filesystem on disk12 (and 13 after the extended test).

Any more errors grab the diags before rebooting.

Thanks for the reply guys. Ok wait maybe i am not totally clueless. The ST3000DM001 are bad drives and they keep crashing (mainly during heavy load) and i keep rebuilding them. I thought i was not going to get myself into trouble but here i am...  I will do a new config and report the outcome. Thanks!

Archived