We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Switching Enclosures

dp22

Hi, 

I would really appreciate any help you all might be able to provide for my situation. I have an UNRAID server running on an Intel NUC. I use a harddrive enclosure connected to my NUC via USB 3.0. My enclosure was behaving strangely so I bought a new one. I switched out the enclosures and tried to spin up my array, but Unraid does not recognize any of the disks. Below is a screen shot. 

Thanks, 

Danimage.thumb.png.cdd204df7a5f00c894faa2a47eefedcd.png

Looks like the USB enclosure is presenting the disk identifier differently than before. Go to Tools - New Config, assign your disks making absolutely sure you assign parity correctly. Then you can check the box saying parity is valid, and start the array.

Not many people running everything USB. How long does a parity check take for your configuration?

Thanks for your help. I was able to reassign the drives and start the array. With the USB enclosure, parity check and rebuilding a drive takes days. I realize now this config was a mistake and will definitely change it up when I upgrade. It just fit the best with the materials I had available at the time. Thanks for your help. 

Archived