We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Antec NEO ECO 400W 80+ certified PSU - $29.99 + free shipping

Rajahal

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for this deal!! I have been waiting for months for this price for this power supply. You just helped me finish my 10 drive build! I love no rebates too!

To answer your question: No the NEO series is not a replacement for the Earthwatts. The NEO series is a Newegg exclusive re-bandaged Seasonic drive. It comes in a very plain box with little frills, but the only NEO review available (of the 520c model) makes them out to be pretty good:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=317192

I have the largest one (the 620C) in my Antec 1200 build and it easily whips my Earthwatts 650- in Unraid use or not. The NEO series represent the largest Antec PSUs available with a single rail and therefore are the only decent Unraid PSUs in their lineup. My NEO is also MUCH less picky than my Earthwatts when it comes to a APC- they really are not similar in the slightest.

This drive will replace my old trusty Ultra 500watt V series PSU, and I expect it will handle 10 drives much better than my Earthwatts 380 (since the Earthwatts can't handle more than 8 drives).....

Glad you like the deal, I bought one too :)

Thanks for the info on the NEO series.  What a nice surprise that it is actually a Seasonic PSU!  I've never had a problem with my Antec Earthwatts PSUs, but I've always preferred Corsair (which is also Seasonic internals) for their single 12+V rails.

Again thanks! I am so excited about getting this so I can finally post my first Unraid box on the pimp my rig forum (not many Antec 300 builds on there).

In fact I think its pretty funny that you posted this deal, as you are kinda my role model around here for how similar our setup is- you use Antec PSUs and cases like me, you have an ION XBMC frontend like me, and you like the same 1.5TB drives I do.

Got mine today.  I'm very impressed with build quality, it looks very nice (about as good as Corsair PSUs).  Has netting for the wires, and the box is a nice gunmetal grey color.  It did not come with a power cable, but that seems to be pretty standard for Antec PSUs these days.  An annoyance, but not a deal breaker.

Archived