No remote access to Plex Docker

pimogo

Can't for the life of me figure out why my Dockered Plex is having such difficulty having port 32400 made open to the open internet. It doesn't appear i am double NAT-ed. I ran the test suggested by Plex to see and found out my WAN address as reported on my router matched the one on whatsmyip.host. Is there an additional port i must forward. I'm lost aand have searched the web but found nothing.  Openvpn was off when trying this. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

image.thumb.png.8608ef7446a07d45f83ae5d1a1a8d7d3.png

image.png.f8210e61933198372c046de1edc65286.png

image.png.827e547c96123a3b71050ceeb04451d9.png

Check the port forwarding on your router again - port 32400 is all you need.

If your router supports Geoblocking (like my IPFire) then you have to open the proper region as well.

Double NAT is only an issue if you have a router from your ISP plus your own router behind. In this case, Plex is not working.

Edited by Zonediver
8 minutes ago, pimogo said:

Thanks for your response Zonediver. I included a screenshot of my port forwarding configuration. Looks right, no? Shows 32400 going to 32400. The 192.168.1.100 is the IP of my Unraid box.

Difficult to say because i dont know your router make. If other portforwardings on your router are working, do so with plex as well.

Take a look at the router-manual as well.

Protocol for Plex is TCP only - so you dont need "both".

It depends really on the router - my ipfire need a firewall-setting from my WAN-IP to the Plex-Server to get it work - that means, its different on other routers.

Edited by Zonediver
14 minutes ago, pimogo said:

its an asus rt-ac68p and port forwarding has always worked before to my windows machine. new to unraid though. i'll change to tcp only then. thanks!

What is your ISP connection? Cable, ADSL? and if its Cabel, do you have a Modem or a bridget router?

Is your IP IPv4 or IPv6? If its v6 then you have a problem with Plex.

Read the Plex-forum for setting on IPv6.

If its a bridget router than you have maybe a double NAT problem.

If you go into plex/web media manager

Settings/Server/Network

There is a checkbox for "Enable Server Support for IPV6" - if you need it.

Edited by Zonediver

thanks again for your response. i have cable. i have a modem. my own, a motorola surfboard i purchased. ipv6 is currently disabled. i know this is silly. i've set up countless of plex instances but having difficulty w/ this unraid version.  the docker i have now is the offiicial plex one,  but i had tried limetech's version first with the same outcome. 

13 hours ago, pimogo said:

thanks again for your response. i have cable. i have a modem. my own, a motorola surfboard i purchased. ipv6 is currently disabled. i know this is silly. i've set up countless of plex instances but having difficulty w/ this unraid version.  the docker i have now is the offiicial plex one,  but i had tried limetech's version first with the same outcome. 

Take the Plex-Docker from Linuxserver.io

I use this too - thats the best supported one.

An assigning is not necessary - the docker will do this automaticly.

You can install it over the app tab at the unraid-GUI

Edited by Zonediver
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your help! I was able to get it working by doing the following, thanks to a tip in the Plex forums here. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/284890/remote-access-is-still-not-working

In short, in unraid under Settings>Network Settings I added an additional route to the NIC i was using, like this, and it did the trick. Thankfully, as I was at wit's end!

image.thumb.png.c941c4ce881cf7faa0be67bbd069305b.png

Edited by pimogo
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, pimogo said:

Thanks for your help! I was able to get it working by doing the following, thanks to a tip in the Plex forums here. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/284890/remote-access-is-still-not-working

In short, in unraid under Settings>Network Settings I added an additional route to the NIC i was using, like this, and it did the trick. Thankfully, as I was at wit's end!

Ah - ok. This is a new info for me - glad to hear its working now.

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2018 at 3:55 PM, pimogo said:

Hey having same problem any way you will be able to chat?

• 3 years later...
On 2/10/2018 at 10:55 PM, pimogo said:

I just want to say BIG thanks!

I used all day troubleshooting this! And i added the static route and BUM remote access!

Thanks!!