(SOLVED) General fine tuning with shares and cache

rorton

Had fun over the past few days upgrading my parity to a 3tb, putting in another 3tb, and reformatting all disks to ifs from rfs. 

Im messing about with my shares and stuff now, and getting p1ssed off!

I have a share called downloads - its set to use Cache Disk Only

I have a share called media - its set to include All disks (i have a global exclusion for disk 3, its my AFS share for Time Machine)

Problem i have is...

I use Sonnar to download a TV episode

The download quite rightly goes into the download share (into the incomplete folder) - sabnzbd is putting the files here. 

The download completes, extracts to the downloads share 'complete' folder, tab is again doing this. 

Sonaar then is supposed to copy this data over to the media share on the array, and while it creates the folder and actually copies SOME bits of the download (subtitles, jpeg etc) the actual MKV is still stuck on the cache drive. 

If i browse the media share, i see the file OK, but looking directly on the cache disk, the file is in there.

Why is this happening - all i want is do download and extract to the cache drive share 'downloads', and then send over to the array. 

2 minutes ago, rorton said:

If i browse the media share, i see the file OK, but looking directly on the cache disk, the file is in there.

2 minutes ago, rorton said:

actually copies SOME bits of the download (subtitles, jpeg etc) the actual MKV is still stuck on the cache drive. 

Since your TV share obviously is set to not use the cache drive,

What you've done is you're passing through either /mnt mapped to /mnt or /mnt/user mapped to /mnt/user on your download client and on sonarr, and are referencing your TV share and your download share based upon /mnt

What's happening is that SabNZBD/NZBGet properly download to the cache only share.  Sonarr gets that the download has been completed, then writes the additional files you've asked it to (subtitles, etc).  Since these are new files, they wind up respecting the TV use cache settings.  

But, when it comes time to move the show, NZBGet told sonarr that it exists in /mnt/user/downloads/complete.  You've told sonarr to move it to /mnt/user/TV.  Since downloads and TV are both part of the same mount point you've passed to the containers the OS (in reality, every OS ever made acts like this), it simply renames the file to the appropriate directory.  Net result is that the episode winds up on the the cache drive when its not supposed to.

The solution (and in reality the proper way to set up the apps) is to pass to NZBGet:

/downloads mapped to /mnt/user/downloads, and tell NZBGet to put everything within /downloads

Sonarr you set up the mappings like:

/downloads mapped to /mnt/user/downloads

/TV mapped to /mnt/user/TV, and tell Sonarr that your episodes are to be moved into /TV

thanks, im using sab rather than NZBGet which seems to have the concept of a temp download folder called incomplete, and then a completed folder called complete. so my download directory has these 2 sub directories - complete and incomplete

Do i need to simplify this first, and just have the one download folder, and have sab download to here, and extract to here?

With my media share, i have /tv and /movies under this share, do i need to go back and create separate shares for both tv and movies?

here is whats setup now...

unraid_mounts.thumb.jpeg.37d07d51c0e104945f794a6c0d4dda59.jpeg

Sab Download folder

sab_1.thumb.jpeg.454d23df4193c5714308d729c018c4ef.jpeg

when sonaar sends its file to sab, it uses category 'sonaar'sab_sonnar.thumb.jpeg.01eddb226023abb73298c7a59ac814a0.jpeg

I remember it taking a while to get this working a long time ago, so not surprised if its not optimally setup

Where do i go from here?

IIRC (I use NZBGet), that /mnt/user/downloads on the category definition isn't really needed.  And since you're using an absolute path for it is why you're running into your problem.  You can just change it to be say "sonarr", and then those downloads will wind up in a sonarr subfolder from /downloads

Then pass /downloads mapped to /mnt/user/downloads to the sonarr app, and stuff will probably start to work correctly after the current queue is finished.

Beyond that, an alternative is to just make your shares to be Use Cache: Yes in which case the files will sit on the cache drive until 4am then be moved over to the array.

ok, ive done it, - hold head in shame as its simple, and i have been making it hard, complicating all these different mount points - gotta remember its all relative to what you have mapped. 

I stripped all the mapping i had to /mnt/cache and /mnt/user (why are they default on the docker template!? and then created a new mapping as suggested for /tv, which goes to /mnt/user/media/HD TV

then, changed all my tv episodes in sonar to point to /tv/tvepisodname instead of /mnt/user/media/HD TV/episodename. 

Forced a new download, and now it goes to the download/incomplete folder, unpacks to the download complete folder, sonar then goes to the downloads complete folder, and pulls this over to the /tv mount point in the docker, and there is no race of it on the cache drive. YYESS! thanks mutely for that, i couldn't see the wood for the trees, and its actually much simpler than i was making it!

Archived