Docker Size keeps increasing

vuurvliegjuh

Hello,

Recently I start working with Dockers images. (month ago)

2 weeks ago I got a message that my Docker is going over 90% (image max was 25GB)

I increased the size to 30GB, but after a week I got the same warning again, it is using 28GB at the moment.

For the time being I increased it again to 35GB, but I am probably doing something wrong. 

Just installed cAdvisor for looking at the config but I don't see anything strange.

Also all my docker images are all set to /mnt/*etc*

I always use premade docker templates from the 'Community Applications', and I think all the redirects are correct.

Hope someone can spot something wrong with my setup.

Thanks!

Using version 6.4.0 (problem was also in 6.3.x, upgraded last week)

ps; If this post is in the wrong section, (sorry) feel free to move it.

image.png

image.png

Best guess is that you've got deluge downloading into the docker.img  (Or at least the incomplete files)   There's a bunch of entries about the docker.img filling up in the Docker FAQ

Couple weird things though.  CP/Sonarr/LL refer to /downloads as your media share.   It usually makes more sense to have a separate downloads share and then have those apps move the completed files to your media share.

Additionally, CP/Sonarr/LL will not pick up automatically the downloads done by deluge because deluge is saving the completed files (presumably) into /data, but the apps are all looking for them in /downloads. Review this post for more info:  

Another possibility is that when you have updated existing dockers the old images have not been removed successfully, leaving them orphaned and taking up space. It seems to happen easily to the Plex docker if you update it without first stopping the existing container. I had exactly that problem and selecting Advanced View on the Docker page of the GUI reveals any orphans at the bottom of the page, where you can click and remove them to free up the space.

Archived