Deploying unRAID using pxelinux

Hi,

I've been looking for a while on the forum for an answer to this question : Can we deploy unRAID to multiple servers using pxelinux? I am referring mostly to licensing. As I now, a license is locked to one instence. But I am looking to deploy this into a datacenter. And the fact the matter is, USB sticks kinda sucks for reliability. So I wanted to boot some servers from the network instead using pxelinux. Would I have to create an image for each server or could I use the same image for all the servers. I am not sure how unRAID activation works.

License is tied to your USB drive.

unRAID looks for a USB device during bootup to read and confirm the registeredUSB drive is present.

and by design unRAID stores persistent info in the USB drive.

Its kinda like running ESXi. you can have it boot of PXE, but its needs to be able to mount a native datastore early enough to be able to read/write persistent information.

I don't know why you want to boot a bunch of storage servers off PXE, it's not like the data on the disks is gonna be flexibly moved around.

USB drives are fairly reliable, just get decent branded ones of adequate size 8-16G.