Issue with Asrock ab350 pro4 Motherboard and Raid card

rfischer1984

I just upgraded my processor and mb to a ryzen 2500g and ab350 pro4 mother board. I have a dell perc h310 raid card I was using before, and now my drives arent detected in unraid. I changed about everything possible in the bios. It shows the raid card when it boots and even shows 8 drives. When I go into the raid card configuration, it shows all of the drives. So they are detected. But why is unraid not detecting them? It has me a little confused. 

Is card in jbod mode? Normally you don't use a raid card with unRaid. Some raid cards let you passthrough disks, but typically the raid cards only expose raid arrays that you define in the raid card to an os like Linux.

11 hours ago, SSD said:

Is card in jbod mode? Normally you don't use a raid card with unRaid. Some raid cards let you passthrough disks, but typically the raid cards only expose raid arrays that you define in the raid card to an os like Linux.

Well it worked before on my older server. It is old anyways and I didn't give a ton for it. bought it used on ebay. I had it originally for freenas but made the switch to unraid about a couple years ago. It has worked fine with unraid. I am just gonna throw it away and purchase a sata card for additional drives. I only have 6 sata ports on the motherboard but I have 10 drives total. Hopefully that works out for me. 

6 hours ago, John_M said:

Why waste a card if there's a chance it still works? People are willing to try to help you if you post your diagnostics.

lol. well truth is. I followed instructions on flashing it. Thinking that may have worked. but I think i may have bricked it. lol. So I just threw it away lol Thanks for all of the help though. 

Archived