Plex, Docker, Connection Issues

Jharris1984

Hi all,

I apologize if there is a better spot for this post in advance.  I've been running a plex server on my unraid box for about two years now and it's been working flawlessly.  In the last week or two I've been unable to watch movies due to the same issue.  I can watch anywhere from 1 minute to about 5 minutes and then I get a spinning circle and a dimmed picture on my screen - the video continues to play for a bit with no issue beyond that (prebuffered amount?).  Eventually it says there has been a problem connecting and then starts over.  It restarts at the very moment the spinning circle came on.

Few things to note - I recently removed a pfSense box and went back to a direct router connect.  I added a 8 port LSI SAS controller and 3 additional hard drives.  I replaced the USB drive running trying to troubleshoot it and reinstalled all of my dockers (delugevpn, sonarr, radarr, and plex all by binhex).  No hard drives are showing errors.  I also did four passes on memtest as well with zero errors.  The following ports are open on my router - 32400-32469, 1900, 3005, 5353, and 8324 TCP/UDP.  Running netdata nothing is capping out.  Happens on local with multiple clients as well as remote via phone - one stream going.

Oddities that may be related - seem to be having issues loading sonarr from time to time and deluge is downloading stuff without issue however i can have problems connecting and when it does it does not seem to have any downloads showing.  I just clicked into the deluge tab and it said the connection to the webserver has been lost.  I also sometimes have issues connecting to the unraid box directly as it spins and spins for a bit and then finally loads after a period of time.

System is running on an i7-4790k with 8gb of ddr3 ram.  26tb total worth of hard drives including parity.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

I turned off Deluge, Sonarr, and Radarr - plex immeadiately loaded and I've been watching about 5 minutes worth of a show at the moment with zero issues.  Turned on netdata and loaded it up - ram is sitting at 7.5% usage, only thing that is spiking is bandwidth usage every couple of seconds or so due to the upload of the video i'm assuming.

Archived