Drive errors. SMART extended self-test passed on all drives

Feducu

Hi guys,

I'm getting this errors on my unRAID 6.5.0 servers. I made a SMART extended self-test on ALL drives and all of them passed (The 12tb one last for 17hs...) But, almost one hour of running I start to get this errors:

Mar 21 10:03:20 unRAID kernel: XFS (md6): metadata I/O error: block 0x58 ("xfs_trans_read_buf_map") error 5 numblks 8
Mar 21 10:03:21 unRAID kernel: XFS (md3): metadata I/O error: block 0x3e5b10 ("xfs_trans_read_buf_map") error 5 numblks 8

On random drives, sometimes is drive 7 or like on this time are drive 3 and 6. The thing that is really odd is that, if I reboot the system (Force reboot) then, all the drives start working again. I tought this was a temp issue, but is not the drives are between 32°C-39°C

I don't know what to do

Thanks, 

Feducu

PS: Sorry bad english, not native languague

19 minutes ago, Feducu said:

Why is my filesystem getting corrupt?

You should always use the webUI to shutdown if possible instead of just using the power switch. And you should not allow any drive to get full. Those are just general suggestions to prevent filesystem corruption.

Other than that, you haven't really provided any of the information we normally ask for when trying to help. In particular, go to Tools - Diagnostics, preferably after the problem occurs but before rebooting, and post the complete diagnostics zip.

No SMART report for many of your disks, and no parity disk assigned. Check connections, both SATA and power, reseat controller. You need to get your hardware problems squared away or you are going to keep having problems. Post another diagnostic after you fix things.

Why don't you have a parity disk? I hope you don't have any important data on your server.

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

No SMART report for many of your disks, and no parity disk assigned. Check connections, both SATA and power, reseat controller. You need to get your hardware problems squared away or you are going to keep having problems. Post another diagnostic after you fix things.

Why don't you have a parity disk? I hope you don't have any important data on your server.

That's the odd thing, I did run a extensive self-test on all disk... :/ I've already cheacked all connections

14 minutes ago, Feducu said:

I've already cheacked all connections

In case you missed my posted when you were replying, this is your problem:

19 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

The Marvell controller on those Asrock boards is a known problem, as it keeps dropping disks, never use the first 4 white SATA ports.

Archived