(SOLVED) CPU scaling governor Unraid 6.5.0-rc6

david11129

For whatever reason, any times I reboot my server, the CPU speed is always locked at the minimum value of 800mhz. It never scales up, even if I'm transcoding in plex,or encoding a video in handbrake. If I manually set the scaling governor to ondemand, it works great,rams up to my CPU's max speed when needed,and falls back down to the minimum when it isn't needed.

If I can get this working on reboot I'm sure I'll be even happier with my setup. I was encoding a video in handbrake,only to get 30ish fps. Once I remembered to change the governor, the speed tripled. I'm sure this is also why I have problems with plex stuttering and pausing frequently too.

I can't figure out how to make this change persistent, despite reading through the many threads about the scaling governor that have been posted over the years. Can someone point me in the correct direction? Perhaps some sort of startup script that automatically sets the governor to ondemand? If it's needed my specs are: Supermicro x10sl7-fo mobo, xeon e3-1285lv3 cpu, 16gb ecc ram, 4x8tb wd red drives, 4x5tb toshiba x300 drives. Any help appreciated,Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

You could always add the command as a user script via user.scripts plugin to run at array start.

I'll look into that. I have to enter the command for each core and hyperthread, so in my case I run it for cores 0-7. I'm assuming I can out multiple commands into user scripts?

Archived