Random reboot this morning

Struck

Diagnostics only has information since the last boot. Fix Common Problem plugin in Troubleshooting mode will periodically save diagnostics to the flash drive so you can get earlier diagnostics if it happens again.

Usually these things are caused by power going out. Is your BIOS set to automatically start on power restore?

Do you have an UPS?

The power has not been out i know that much.

So either must be a hardware or software issue.

I don't have an UPS, since i live in a country with very good reliable power distribution.

The bios is set to NOT automatically start when AC power returns.

I have now set it into troubleshooting mode, but i don't expect it to happen again.

15 minutes ago, Struck said:

The power has not been out i know that much.

So either must be a hardware or software issue.

I don't have an UPS, since i live in a country with very good reliable power distribution.

The bios is set to NOT automatically start when AC power returns.

I have now set it into troubleshooting mode, but i don't expect it to happen again.

Note that a short spike on mains power can reboot some machines while other machines can continue to run. So it isn't easy to prove that there hasn't been a power glitch.

Old computers with AT-type PSU could continue to run even when the power glitch was long enough that you could see the lamps blink - while every ATX-powered machine instantly rebooted.

1 hour ago, pwm said:

Note that a short spike on mains power can reboot some machines while other machines can continue to run. So it isn't easy to prove that there hasn't been a power glitch.

Old computers with AT-type PSU could continue to run even when the power glitch was long enough that you could see the lamps blink - while every ATX-powered machine instantly rebooted.

That is absolutely correct.

I will have to see what happens. And maybe consider buying a UPS with line interaction.

Archived