Disk 1 Faulty

dusty_b

So, I had been getting the message the there was no parity disk present.  I've just ignored it for the time being because I could still access my shares and had good intentions of getting it fixed later (yes, I know it was stupid).  Now, I have the disk faulty message for disk 1 where all of my data is stored.  Is there any way to recover what is on that disk and get everything up and going along with the parity disk so I can have everything working as it should.  I attached a copy of the diagnostics if someone wouldn't mind helping :(

tower-diagnostics-20180408-1218.zip

Your diagnostics don't show anything useful as they were taken shortly after a reboot. They simply confirm that the disk is missing, not recognised, so shut down, replace its cables and restart. I just noticed that you're using an HP Microserver so try the disk in an different bay instead.

That was a good suggestion.   I have have drives in every bay but only actually using two of them.  I moved them around in different configurations and ended up with just the two that I use installed and the other bays empty.  All of a sudden I got back all of my shares, the dockers showed up, and everything was like it was.  I guess the server itself is dying? What would you suggest would be the first step?  Backups of everything and configuration settings?  The parity disk is absent.  Any suggestions on getting it up and going so there is an actual array to restore if I needed to?  I REALLY appreciate the help!!

Archived