Asrock J5005-ITX Won't boot Unraid

Hey everyone,
Was wondering if anyone had any sort of advice for me. I just made a fresh PC build with a Asrock J5005-ITX with 8GB Crucial 2400 DDR4 RAM.

No matter what I do, this board just won't boot Unraid whatsoever. The screen will flash blue instantly for a split second and return directly to the BIOS. There isn't any sort of CSM or legacy options either. I thought I was doing something wrong, but it works fine on my laptop.

I'm sure the fact that the board just came out is 90% of the problem, I was just wondering if there are any workarounds. I've tried the 4 most latest builds. 

This guy said Unraid ran on his J4105 - a slightly older gemini lake model before the J5005:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8080&title=j4105-doesnt-have-legacy-bios-csm-mode

Edited by whater646464

I have no experience of that particular board but I see no reason why it shouldn't boot. How did you make you boot flash device? There are several things to check - is it formatted FAT32? Is it named UNRAID in all capital letters? Did you run make_bootable on it. Have you tried both UEFI boot (you have to rename the EFI- folder to EFI first) and legacy boot? Have you tried all the USB ports (you ought to have more success with the USB 2 ports)? Have you tried making a boot flash for another operating system - Ubuntu, for example - and trying that? Have you tried clearing the CMOS on the motherboard? Does the USB device appear if you enter the boot menu (you press a function key during POST - I think it's F11 for ASRock boards)?

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I actually got my answer last night shortly after asking a Youtube user who was using a J4105.
You guys are correct, deleting the "-" on the EFI folder solved my issue.

Thank you guys so much! I wish I had asked for help days ago haha.

Hopefully this thread helps someone else down the line who is using a J4105 or J5005 as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Oh Geez   just that simple.  I was running unraid on an old ATX board that died a couple of days ago.  I got an Asrock J4105-ITX with a 4 gig stick of ram to replace what I had.  I didn't know why my new system was just booting back to the bios screen.  That pesky little "-"    

Just wanted to thank you for the help.  Finally rockin'