AMD EPYC 7000 Slow Array, Freezing and CPU not installed Problerms!

diehard2k9

Hello, I'm a newbie to UNRAID and and trying it for the first time. I have been trying to get UNRAID up and running but keep running into one problem or another.

I have come a long way and feel I'm almost there but not sure what to do about these small problems that are happening.

1)- First problem is that UNRAID say my CPU is not installed and I am unsure how to fix this as showed in the photo below marked unraid02.jpg

I am not seeing the CPU boost to 2.55GHz or 3.0 GHz. it stays at 2.0 GHz even if the cpuc is being used 100%. I am wondering if this is because the CPU driver or

whatever needs to be installed. Photo unraid03.jpg

2)-2nd I'm getting FREEZING when in the GUI LINUX/WINDOWs, it will become unresponsive for sometime and then respond. I notice it when I return to the GUI to run a program or use the VM.

I would really like to find out what is going on with it so that I can fix it.

3)- Slow. sometime it's slow to load programs and slow to transfer files. 

I am copying from from the share or loading a app but it is very slow I feel considering the NVME cache, the hard drives and the system.

I'm not sure if it's because it's a VM, since this is the first time I'm running all my apps in a VM. Photo unraid01.jpg

I tried to get a better photo to post but that one show how it starts off fast then goes much slower.

On some transfer it drops down to KBs and I'm not sure why.

I am almost ready to go live with this build but the slow performance and other stuff are stopping me from doing to and I am loving UNRAID but if I can't get these freezing, slow down  correct I

will have to go to windows only and I really dont want to do that.

If anyone can help me with these problem that would be total great!

unraid02.jpg

unraid03.jpg

unraid01.jpg

kraken-diagnostics-20180426-1206.zip

Clearly you do have a processor installed! The lack of information in the System Information window is just cosmetic because your CPU is correctly detailed in the lscpu.txt file in your diagnostics so it will be something simple like its identification string not being recognised.

VMs only report base clock speeds.

In your Windows file copy example you are copying a lot of very small files. 10 remaining (50.8 KB) so an average of 5 KB each and each carries a significant network and file system overhead. Try copying one or two very large files (10 GB or so) instead.

Your syslog is full of this:

Apr 25 22:54:53 KRAKEN root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

Close all stale browser windows and reopen just one.

And this:

Apr 25 22:37:36 KRAKEN rc.diskinfo[9525]: PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant byte11h - assumed 'byte11h' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 662

I recommend that you uninstall the Preclear plugin. Then your syslog will be a lot more readable.

1 hour ago, John_M said:

Clearly you do have a processor installed! The lack of information in the System Information window is just cosmetic because your CPU is correctly detailed in the lscpu.txt file in your diagnostics so it will be something simple like its identification string not being recognised.

VMs only report base clock speeds.

In your Windows file copy example you are copying a lot of very small files. 10 remaining (50.8 KB) so an average of 5 KB each and each carries a significant network and file system overhead. Try copying one or two very large files (10 GB or so) instead.

Your syslog is full of this:

Apr 25 22:54:53 KRAKEN root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

Close all stale browser windows and reopen just one.

And this:

Apr 25 22:37:36 KRAKEN rc.diskinfo[9525]: PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant byte11h - assumed 'byte11h' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /etc/rc.d/rc.diskinfo on line 662

I recommend that you uninstall the Preclear plugin. Then your syslog will be a lot more readable.

Okay I have done the copy with 7 files 10GB total and the speed goes up and down sometime even going real slow to look like it stop. each file is no less than 1GB and one that is 2GB

I have also uninstalled preclear.

Last is the slow to run apps and the freezing any help for those?

unraid04.jpg

unraid05.jpg

unraid06.jpg

On 4/28/2018 at 4:01 AM, Benson said:

Pls turn on turbo-write and try again, in "disk-settings", "md_write_method" -> reconstruct write

Will this help the freezing when accessing programs and hard drive/sdd performance ?

I Have taking the computer live but there is alot of freezing and slow accessing when starting programs

12 hours ago, John_M said:

What is the "it" here? What are you trying to achieve?

There is a lot of freezing, programs not responding.

Like when watching youtube videos it would hang for 10 sec before resuming. I have a GPU passthrough card.

When I come back to the computer it would be none responsive for 2- 15 sec.

When starting programs it would take alot longer to boot.

the everyday running on a OS is not smooth. 

Archived