Unraid 6.5.0 GUI won't display dockers or apps

pcgirl

I got a notification that some of my dockers had updates to do so I logged into my Unraid web GUI but when I try to access the Docker or Apps tab it just keeps spinning and never displays anything.  The Apps tab displays "Updating Content" and spins and spins but nothing else happens.  Any ideas how to fix this.

When you're taken care of that, update to unRAID 6.5.1. See this entry in the release notes:

• We downgraded docker from 17.12.1 to 17.09.1 in order to improve compatibility. We anticipate upgrading docker to 18.03.x in next unRAID OS minor release series.

I wasn't having any issues with the upgrade until now.  In an effort to fix it myself, I did a reboot using the reboot in unraid.  Now I can't access the web GUI.  I can access the server through Putty though. And I can see the shared files on my windows PC.  The web GUI just won't display.

Just now, pcgirl said:

I wasn't having any issues with the upgrade until now.  In an effort to fix it myself, I did a reboot using the reboot in unraid.  Now I can't access the web GUI.  I can access the server through Putty though. And I can see the shared files on my windows PC.  The web GUI just won't display.

You can get a diagnostic and post it even without the webUI. We need the complete diagnostic zip. See here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/37579-need-help-read-me-first/

1 hour ago, trurl said:

We need the complete diagnostic zip.

That is only the syslog, not what I asked for. Please read a little further down into that link I gave.

*edit* Actually, that link tells you how to get the diagnostics before it tells you how to get syslog. Did you try to get the diagnostics?. 

*edit* That isn't even the current syslog so I don't know where you got it. You said you rebooted but that syslog goes back a month so it must be an old one.

From your syslog:

May  1 13:35:33 Tower nginx: 2018/05/01 13:35:33 [error] 6562#6562: *3692849 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.102, server: , request: "POST /plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.1.100", referrer: "http://192.168.1.100/Apps"

so

2 hours ago, John_M said:

update to unRAID 6.5.1

Also:

Apr 14 19:38:25 Tower kernel: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000038

which is another reason to update to 6.5.1.

Here's something (though unrelated) you ought to sort out:

May  1 04:00:28 Tower root: move: file /mnt/disk1/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
May  1 04:00:28 Tower root: move_object: /mnt/disk1/system/libvirt/libvirt.img File exists
May  1 04:00:28 Tower root: move: file /mnt/disk3/system/libvirt/libvirt.img
May  1 04:00:28 Tower root: move_object: /mnt/disk3/system/libvirt/libvirt.img File exists

It looks like you've got multiple copies of libvirt.img on different disks and every day mover is trying to move them onto your cache but can't because it already exists there.

Also

Mar 31 08:51:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share appdata set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array

and

Mar 31 08:51:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Downloads set to cache-only, but files / folders exist on the array
Mar 31 08:51:01 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Share Embyserver set to not use the cache, but files / folders exist on the cache drive

though it's conceivable you have a valid reason for these.

Also a python segfault:

Apr  1 09:59:26 Tower kernel: python[23639]: segfault at 58 ip 0000154c3a5ef15a sp 0000154c305f4660 error 4 in libpython2.7.so.1.0[154c3a530000+343000]

I'm not sure what uses python on your system - maybe one of the downloaders you're using. Several of your docker containers are deprecated or have moderator comments that you ought to read.

I didn't see the update notes until you sent the link.  Everything seemed fine after the update.  I could access everything no problems.  I did notice this though in the update notes " Delete this file from your flash drive: \\tower\flash\config\plugins\dynamix.plg This is an old version of the dynamix webgui. Depending on how old it is, it can prevent the new webgui from loading. "  So I deleted that file using putty.  But without getting into the GUI I can't do the other things in the update notes.  So now that I deleted that file, should I reboot the server and see if I can get the GUI to come up?  If so, what is the command to reboot from putty?

4 minutes ago, pcgirl said:

OK, that seemed to work to get me back into the WebGUI.?  I can see my dockers again.  I will go through the update notes but my system isn't saying anything about updating to 6.5.1.

Tools - Update OS after you have finished with the update notes

Archived