Appdata folder empty? Docker containers not working

kapetanios

So I have been trying Unraid on an old computer to see how it works. I intened to run it on a custom build server with xeon CPUs. Anyway, it was working fine until one day non of the containers would start. E.g. plex container was stuck at " Starting Plex Media Server. " over and over. Then I noticed that my appdata folder was empty for some strange reason. I installed a fresh instance of unraid removed the containers and everything was working fine. Today I started the array, plex was working fine, I deleted some files through the webgui no problem. Then i tried to add some media through smb but plex wouldnt recognize the files no matter how many times I pressed the "scan library". I was OK, let's restart the container and big surprise the container is not working and stuck at " Starting Plex Media Server.", appdata folder contents is gone again? WTF?

Could be a few things, but Diagnostics would really help.

You sure you installed your AppData Folder on an SSD or a HardDrive and not Ram?

Also I'd make sure if you have it on a SSD as a share you have it set to Cache only so its not being moved to one of your Hard Drives in your array. You wouldn't be the first nor last to forget that setting. xD

All of your shares are set cache-no. I think the "system" shares - system, domain, isos, appdata - default to cache-prefer but I'm not completely sure since I set mine up a very long time ago. But none of your shares are set to use cache.

That doesn't mean they weren't using cache before, but it doesn't look like cache has much on it. And it has I/O problems, maybe even corruption. Check connections.

If you go to the User Shares page and click the Compute All button and wait a bit, it will show you how much space each user share is using on each disk.

Archived