UR 6.5.2 one drive was off (Solved)

BillS22

Parity drive 6tb

drive 1 3tb

drive 2 3tb

I just setup my first UR server. I’m using it as a Plex server. It runs great, but I just notice one of my 3tb drives was switch off. I noticed this after I copied my media library to the server. And test ran movies.

I switched it on, but all data is stored on the drive that was running. 

What you do to correct this?

thanks

bill

In the dashboard one Drive wasn’t spinning. I clicked the little triangle and it started spinning. 

So I figure it was on when I setup my array. But some how got turned off before I created my folders and copied my movie files. 

The drive that was off has 0 data. But the drive that was on has 819 mb. 

I figure, now that both drives are spinning,  I can delete the data and folders. then make new folders again and copy the data back. Think it will work? I have a copy on a usb Drive. 

That won't change anything. Turn on HELP in the specific share configuration page and read the descriptions of allocation method and other items. Unraid did exactly what you told it to do on that page.

BTW, spreading your stuff across all your drives will slow it down when it needs to switch from one drive to another for the next file. Better to keep like stuff with like, that way no delays waiting for another drive to spin up.

53 minutes ago, BillS22 said:

This is my first experience with raid arrays.

Just remember that the name of the product is unRAID - it is not RAID. A traditional RAID array would stripe the data so individual files would be smeared over all the disks in the array. unRAID needs to fit each individual file on a specific disk - which also means you can play a movie from the array with just that specific data disk spinning.

Archived