LAST CALL on the Unraid Summer Sale! 😎 ⌛ ×

Do I Need To Replace This Disk?

mbc0

Hi,

I have recently reduced the number of drives by adding some larger and removing some smaller and everything has been running fine but I noticed in fix common problems this error below.  I am just wondering if it is coincidence or wether or not I should replace the drive (Drive 1) I will shut down the array and re-check my connections to the drive, I would just appreciate it if someone could have a quick look at my diagnostics file for advice?

Many Thanks

disk1 (WDC_WD30EFRX-68EUZN0_WD-WMC4N0DD8RD7) has read errors If the disk has not been disabled, then unRaid has successfully rewritten the contents of the offending sectors back to the hard drive. It would be a good idea to look at the S.M.A.R.T. Attributes for the drive in questionBegin Investigation Here:

unraidserver-diagnostics-20180720-1643.zip

unraidserver-smart-20180720-1631.zip

14 minutes ago, mbc0 said:

I should replace the drive (Drive 1)

Basically yes, it's failing (or starting to fail), once the Raw_Read_Error_Rate attribute starts climbing on a WD it's just a matter of time until it fails, you can run an extended SMART test, if it fails it's ready to be replaced, if it passes it might last some more time, but it will likely have more read errors soon, so if you can replace it now.

Archived