[Support] dyonr - jackettvpn

Dyon

Hello I've been using this docker with PIA for a while with no issues and after PIA updated all ovpn files the docker stopped working. I've added a new PIA file and whenever It starts it will constantly restart after hitting the line "[ERROR] Password contains unsupported characters." Issue is it is a very normal password containing only numbers and letters. I've ensured there are no spaces or anything strange in it but it continues to fail. Has anyone else run into this issue and have a solution?

log https://pastebin.com/JDXKUWGk

Edited by imJohn
added log
11 hours ago, imJohn said:

Hello I've been using this docker with PIA for a while with no issues and after PIA updated all ovpn files the docker stopped working. I've added a new PIA file and whenever It starts it will constantly restart after hitting the line "[ERROR] Password contains unsupported characters." Issue is it is a very normal password containing only numbers and letters. I've ensured there are no spaces or anything strange in it but it continues to fail. Has anyone else run into this issue and have a solution?

log https://pastebin.com/JDXKUWGk

This error is caused by the 'WEBUI_PASSWORD' environment variable. Could you verify that your WEBUI_PASSWORD environment variable is set and has no weird special characters that might cause this issue?

I'll also make the error message more clear, so it won't cause confusion if it is the VPN password or WEBUI password.

• 4 months later...

Hey Dyon, great work on this container. Minor suggestion - would it be possible to roll the DNSUtils package (or at least the portion of it that allows "dig" to work) so that we can validate that we are pulling an IP address associated with our VPN via the container console window? If this is not appropriate or there is a better way to do this, please let me know - still learning here as well. I just want to make sure that I am never leaking my public IP address with this container.