We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Jetway Mini-Top + 60 GB SSD - $318.99 after MIR

Rajahal

Darn you Rajahal... Try to convince myself that i do not need this right now.  The XBOX running XBMC is getting long in the tooth...crap...

Another thought, a new version of XBMC for PC is out for beta.

ON a side note: Any input on whether this SSD is any good.  I am doing my own reading and searching but input is always welcome.

I have 4 of them. I have not had any issues with all 4.

I have an agility on my laptop. It's just as good.

Darn you Rajahal... Try to convince myself that i do not need this right now.  The XBOX running XBMC is getting long in the tooth...crap...

Another thought, a new version of XBMC for PC is out for beta.

ON a side note: Any input on whether this SSD is any good.  I am doing my own reading and searching but input is always welcome.

I have 4 of them. I have not had any issues with all 4.

I have an agility on my laptop. It's just as good.

From the reading i have been doing it looks like a solid drive.  You two are so not making this an easy deal to pass up.

I have a full HTPC with one of the Vertex drives. I installed XBMC Live! on it.

What I love about this configuration is it has replaced any and all other media boxes I've owned.

With the SSD, it comes up in less then 20 seconds. Faster then a number of my media boxes come up.

Even my Zensonic Z500 DVD/Media player.

I have a full HTPC with one of the Vertex drives. I installed XBMC Live! on it.

What I love about this configuration is it has replaced any and all other media boxes I've owned.

With the SSD, it comes up in less then 20 seconds. Faster then a number of my media boxes come up.

I agree with this 100% as it applies to my setup 100%!

Well, i got the box in on Friday but have not had a chance to mess with it quite yet.  Labor Day weekend involved camping with the parents and stuff so no computers anywhere in site.

I will probably be messing with this later tonight and report back on what i find!!  Looking forward to see what this baby can do.

I'm not sure if this needs the same tweak but I figured I'd point it out to possibly save everyone else some time. On the Zotac HD-ID11 to get audio via HDMI on the XBMC 10 beta 1 LiveCD I had to do the following:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/english-zotac-zbox-hd-id11-sound/

Open the following file

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Add a additional line (at the end) with the following content.

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

A reboot is required to enable the new sound settings.

I'm not sure if this needs the same tweak but I figured I'd point it out to possibly save everyone else some time. On the Zotac HD-ID11 to get audio via HDMI on the XBMC 10 beta 1 LiveCD I had to do the following:

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/english-zotac-zbox-hd-id11-sound/

Open the following file

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

Add a additional line (at the end) with the following content.

options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2

A reboot is required to enable the new sound settings.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I had known there might be issues with the sound over HDMI, just had not found the correct post yet.

I still haven't figured out (or cleaned out the other changes I made) how to get normal XBMC menu audio to function, but all the music, videos, movies, and online streamers have audio now.

I really like XBMC so far.

I have XBMC running on an original XBOX but it cannot play HD content well at all, hence the update to the Jetway Mini-top

Are you trying the Dharma Beta 1 LiveCD or sticking it out with 9.11?

I am trying to get Dharma Beta 1 going.  I have also tried the XBMCFreak Live CD going, which is supposed to be better for ION based systems.

I think there is some issues with ION2, grub (in Dharma Live), and Nvidia drivers.  Have to do a little more research and testing, but don't quite have the time to do it.

OK, another update for anyone paying attention to this thread.

I have gotten XBMC up and running on the jetway Mini-Top buy using the openelec build which you can find here.  I am running the 64bit version on my machine right now and it seems to be pretty damn fast.  I have some more setup and testing to do but I think this box will do very well to replace my aging Xbox running XBMC.

Side Note: I tried getting the official Dharma beta 1 release working, along with the XBMCFreak addition and could not get either to work reliably.  If anyone is using an ION2 based system (and the Jetway in particular) then I highly suggest the openelec builds!!

Thanks for the updates.  I'm curious as to how you are configuring your logitech harmony remote.  I've got a harmony 610 that I was never able to get to work with my old Revo, even using a USB - IR receiver (scavenged from a MCE remote).  I even tried to teach the 610 the commands from the MCE remote (using the old school 'point the remotes at eachother' method) and it still wouldn't work.  I haven't tried it with my new Zbox since I figured the results would be the same.

Thanks for the updates.  I'm curious as to how you are configuring your logitech harmony remote.  I've got a harmony 610 that I was never able to get to work with my old Revo, even using a USB - IR receiver (scavenged from a MCE remote).  I even tried to teach the 610 the commands from the MCE remote (using the old school 'point the remotes at eachother' method) and it still wouldn't work.  I haven't tried it with my new Zbox since I figured the results would be the same.

I had planned to do something like this.  Figured I would tell the Logitech software I was using an MCE remote and see what happens.  The remote that is included works... somewhat but not quite. I think it will just be a matter of telling the Logitech remote what keys to press.

OK, so getting my logitech remote to work with the JetWay is going to be a little more work then I had hoped.  Will work with it a little more tonight then call it quits.  I am going to have to do some more research

My logictech harmony worked with an actual microsoft MCE IR receiver when I told it to emulate a MCE remote.

Yeah, there is an IR receiver in the JetWay that I was hoping to use and not have to buy some kind of adapter. I have to do some more reading up on lirc and all the configuration that can be done with it.  The play, pause, stop, FF, RW, volume up, volume down, mute buttons seem to work on te original remote out of the box.  The direction buttons (up, down, left, right) don't seem to work nor does the OK/Select button.

It is close to working just not quite there.

Archived