Replace Flash Drive - Update 6.6 crashed the old One

AntonioAFX

I've tried to update my Unraid to 6.6 and during the process something happen and crash my flash drive

Then I install a new version(already 6.6) and remade my nas with a trial key.

when I tried to reuse my original key to replace it like the tutorial it didn't worked because just when I have start to use unRaid I had a bad usb drive who crashed and I had to replace it até the time.

so, anyone could help me?

(sorry for my terrible English)

6 minutes ago, trurl said:

Could you tell us in more detail exactly what you mean by this?

It's extremely unlikely that the upgrade damaged your flash drive in any way that would require replacing it.

Probably I couldn't explain correctly, the update have crash the old install

the flash drive still working but I preferred to replace it. Because maybe the problem was in the flash drive since the beginning(from factory)

I just want to reuse my key to activate my Unraid on that new drive

And Once again sorry, I'm not good writing in english

Instead of a trial key you are supposed to put the key from your old flash on the new flash and then it will let you get a replacement. But you can only do this once a year.

I think you are really better off trying to work through whatever problem you had with the upgrade on the old flash.

While it is possible there is something wrong with the old flash, the upgrade wouldn't have caused it.

I think it is much more likely there is nothing wrong with the flash and you had some other issue with the upgrade. But you haven't really told us anything that would help us help you with whatever the problem was.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Instead of a trial key you are supposed to put the key from your old flash on the new flash and then it will let you get a replacement. But you can only do this once a year.

unfortunetly I have already done this this year, thats why I put the posto, to know what to do on that case

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

I think you are really better off trying to work through whatever problem you had with the upgrade on the old flash.

the drive boot, you see the Unraid screen selection but during the load time it starts to flash item the keyboard leds and froze, I really don't understood what happened 

After purchase of Basic/Plus/Pro you can get your first replacement online at any time.  You then have to wait 365 days to get your second replacement key online, and another 365 days to get your third online, etc.  If you need a replacement before the 365 days have passed, please send request, specifying both old and new GUID's, to [email protected].  It might take us a business day or two to respond but we fulfill nearly all such requests.

Archived