Mapping Unassgined Device to a Docker Path + Additional Issues

Gico

I'm also having some additional problems, and I thought they might be connected.

- When accessing that UAD through SMB it seems empty: No sub-folders at all.

- I cannot unmount it:

"unmount of '/dev/sdp1' failed. Error message: umount: /mnt/disks/Toshiba3TB: target is busy. "

No docker/plugin that I know of should have anything to do with that UAD.

I stopped the server, started it (that UAD is auto-mounted), and I'm still having this issue.

- My log keeps filling up for some reason. At 63% with only 1.5 days up time.

juno-diagnostics-20180924-1614.zip

2 hours ago, Gico said:

/mnt/disks/Toshiba3TB/

should be right.

2 hours ago, Gico said:

/mnt/user/Toshiba3TB/

Is definitely wrong since UD mounts aren't part of the user shares.

Syslog isn't very large so something else must be filling up /var/log.

Not clear where exactly in the sequence of events you tried the mapping though. If it was after any of the unmount attempts then that might explain why it didn't work.

Don't know why it's busy. Might try shutting down and starting from scratch. Then forget about the docker mapping for now and just see if you can access the UD. Don't attempt to unmount and just tell us what the results are from trying to access it.

I found the cause: I had an empty folder named Toshiba3TB in the root of one of the disks,

so there were two shares with that name: One a regular share, and one through UD.

Deleted that empty folder, restarted the server, and now all is fine except for the docker mapping:

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '/mnt/disks/Toshiba3TB/:Toshiba3TB:rw': invalid mount config for type "bind": invalid mount path: 'Toshiba3TB' mount path must be absolute.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Archived