Share Folder Empty - Files still exist and accessible

After 2 days the new 8TB disk has been rebuilt, it still says 'Unmountable: No file system' and the files that were on the failing 4TB are still missing from the array.  (they are still on the failing 4TB though)

What should I do next? I don't really want to do anything without clear instructions as things seem to be working better now. 

tower-diagnostics-20181120-1938.zip

unraid-10.jpg

4 hours ago, sawdustfarmer said:

Is it ok to physically take out the new 8TB for this operation? I don't have any free sata ports on my HP Gen8 so I'll need to remove it to make room for the old 4TB Disk1

Yes

4 hours ago, sawdustfarmer said:

Once I assign the old 4TB Disk1 will it try and set it up as a new drive like it did last time and erase all the files off it?

Not if you follow those instructions exactly.

4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply

-assign old disk1 instead of current one

-start array to resync parity

This will resync parity with all the disks exactly as they are now. If it gives you a check box to format anything, don't check it.

The whole point of this exercise is to get your array going again with the files on that disk intact.

Parity sync has started and all the files seem to be there except the files in the Movie share are missing again, I can see all the files through MC in /mnt/disk1, 2 and 3, the Unraid web interface sees there is 3.36 TB of files over the 3 drives but reports 0 objects: 0 directories, 0 files.  Windows 10 also sees an empty share folder

Rebuild is complete, I checked a few files that I could not copy (through MC) off the failing 4TB onto my portable drive and they work perfectly ok now

after a reboot /mnt/user/Movies is still empty, Unraid GUI reports 3.36TB but 0 objects: 0 directories, 0 files and I can't see anything in the folder through Windows explorer

Strangely Plex can access and play the files in the Movies directory without an issue, except for the latest movie that was added on October 24 it can't find that file even though I can see it on /mnt/disk2/Movies.

tower-diagnostics-20181125-1550.zip

Your log is full of ACPI errors. See way down in this post for a possible solution:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/59375-hp-proliant-workstation-unraid-information-thread/

Other than that I don't see anything obvious, but I suspect something is breaking your User Share(s). Do you have other User Shares that aren't working?

I think I have seen this sort of User Share problem with cache problems such as filesystem corruption.

Maybe someone else will have some more ideas.

*added*

I see you have btrfs for your array disks also. Don't know if this can be involved or not but maybe those disks might be the problem instead of cache.

I ended up clicking reboot in the GUI and it rebooted. I fixed the ACPI errors

I just saw in my log though

Nov 25 18:31:59 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device md1): parent transid verify failed on 582139904 wanted 116345 found 116343
Nov 25 18:31:59 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device md1): parent transid verify failed on 582139904 wanted 116345 found 116343

tower-diagnostics-20181125-1832.zip

Just now, sawdustfarmer said:

Is ‘device md1’ disk1?

Yes.

Just now, sawdustfarmer said:

I have a new 8tb which I can swap in and rebuild parity

That won't work, as rebuilding from parity will not fix the filesystem issues.

1 minute ago, sawdustfarmer said:

I still don’t know how to get my movies share folder back though

Likely related to the filesystem issues.