Disable Bonding

koyetsu

I am trying to setup a new unraid system on an HP ML350p G8 and when it boots up I always get a message saying that it couldn't find device bond0.

it will not pull an ip address. I have edited the network.cfg file on the flash drive to say bonding="no" and when that didn't work I tried bonding= Leaving it blank

still boots with same message and all I get is a 169 address.

lspci shows all 5 network adapters but when I ifconfig all I get is br0 and loopback.

booted to gui and tried to get the web config. but it will NOT show me the website even going to 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

In the system is 4 1gb onboard Broadcom nics and a 10gb Mellanox connect-x 2. the Mellanox card came out of another unraid system so I KNOW it's a known working and compatible card.

everything I've found online says this is a problem with bonding but what I can't find out is how to turn it off.

so can anyone help with the commands to disable in unraid cli?

So I just tried this and I still get the line in the boot stream that "Cannot find device bond0" and I get a 169 address

i'm almost at a total loss as to how to make this work. really irritating. I have a dual e5-2680 with 160gb ram and 2 tb of ssd and more in spin sitting here and I can't use it.....

Archived