Can't get Windows 10 laptop to see server

ctviggen

I have a Windows 10 (version 1803) laptop that will not find my unraid server on the network, although it finds other windows computers on the network.  The laptop has SMB1.0 enabled.  I cannot use "\\data" (which is what I called my unraid server), either.  I can get to the server's webpage using the network address. 

All the other threads about this I can find, they list the SMB1.0 as the problem, but that is enabled on my laptop.  Also, the server is shown as the master in unraid's webpage. 

Is there anything else I can try? 

For instance, do you think hardwiring it via a network cable would work to find the server, and then removing the network cable would mean windows 10 would realize the server is there?

Well, my wife is about to have eye surgery where she has to keep her head down (constantly) for the next five days or so.  I'm trying to set up the laptop so that Kodi can access our recorded TV and movies.  But those are all stored on the server. 

This laptop has a tablet mode, so it'd be good for her to use when she's head down. 

She's also going to get a device where you put your face in it and it has a mirror, so she could watch TV using that, but the laptop she could take anywhere. 

Well, if it does work, it's going to take a while to figure out how.  I can use the \\IP_Address, and I get a list of items in Kodi...but I can't play anything.  It fails. Unfortunately, since she has her surgery tomorrow, and there are so many other things to do, this is at the bottom of my list.

Archived