We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Newegg finally stocks the SuperMicro AOC-SASLP-MV8!

Rajahal

SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 PCI Express x4 Low Profile SAS SAS RAID Controller

Currently $116 after shipping.  Not the best deal around, but hopefully we'll see this on sale before too long.

Also, their tech specs are a bit misleading.  It claims to have 8 x SAS, whereas it really has 2 x miniSAS that are capable of supporting up to 8 SATA drives.  I'm also curious what they mean by a 3 year labor warranty...

SUPERMICRO AOC-SASLP-MV8 PCI Express x4 Low Profile SAS SAS RAID Controller

Currently $116 after shipping.  Not the best deal around, but hopefully we'll see this on sale before too long.

Also, their tech specs are a bit misleading.  It claims to have 8 x SAS, whereas it really has 2 x miniSAS that are capable of supporting up to 8 SATA drives.  I'm also curious what they mean by a 3 year labor warranty...

Where is the best deal around?  I'm in the market and New Eggs price actually looks to be about he norm.  I found it for $110 from some no name place, and I would rather pay the extra $6 to get it from a reliable source.

Where are you guys buying them from?

I bought both of mine from SuperBiiz:

Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 8-Port SAS/SATA Add-on Card

$112 shipped, I think that's the cheapest everyday price that I've seen.  I actually picked up both of mine on sale, though, so I paid around $97 shipped for each of them.

The cables I believe I bought at Newegg.  Look for open box deals on cables, you can save a few bucks there as well.

SuperBiz (eWiz) almost always have a coupon that can lower the price by $10 -$15.

With the "TOUCHDOWN" now you can get it for $102 - free shipping and mostly no taxes.

BUT this card is not usable without one or two breakout cables so it makes sense to buy from a place that will have good all around price for the card and one/two cables.

Buy.com also has is for $107 shipped

Archived