Cache drive(s) Problem

silverberg1988

Hi,

Ive searched for this issue but can't find anything, so apologies if I've missed something.

I have just changed my PSU in my Unraid server. It has booted back up with no issues other than 4 out of the 5 cache drives were unassigned. When I go to assign them, its telling my that everything on the drives will be wiped if I proceed.

I didn't unplug the SATA cables from the motherboard or SSDs in the process.

Does anybody have a solution or any advice for me please?

Cheers!

This should work but if there's important data on the pool and since pool behavior can be sometimes somewhat unpredictable it would safer to mount the pool manually or with UD and copy that data, so if you want to do that I can post the details on how to do it, but like I said this should work fine:

-unassign ALL cache pool members and start the array so Unraid can forget pool assignments

-stop the array

-reassign all cache pool members (if you're not sure about the original order it's not important, just that all original members are present)

-all cache devices should have a blue icon but there should be no "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started" in front of any of them

-start the array, pool should mount normally.

I had posted a reply yesterday that was missing a step, I deleted it since according to the forum you hadn't seen it yet, so I'm curious if it didn't work following those instructions or the newer ones, and if it was the newer ones and you haven't rebooted please post current diagnostics so I can see what happened.

Archived