Unable to start WEBGUI after upgrade

olli91

Hi all,

Yesterday I upgraded the OS to 6.6.6. And since then, I have not been able to access the WEBGUI and receive a '502 Bad Gateway nginx' error.

I've searched the forums and tried fixes to no avail!

This is what happens when I try to log in - the log file: 

-------------------

Dec 22 07:33:23 Plex nginx: 2018/12/22 07:33:23 [crit] 4514#4514: *487 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.1.127, server: , request: "GET /Main HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.2"

Dec 22 07:33:24 Plex nginx: 2018/12/22 07:33:24 [crit] 4514#4514: *487 connect() to unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.1.127, server: , request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.2", referrer: "http://192.168.1.2/Main"

-------------------

I'm not too familiar at all with these things, I just use the server as my Plex server. I've accessed my console through terminal and tried to remove all the Dynamix plugins as someone suggested. Upon restart, they seem to just reinstall themselves again. I've done a repair of the USB flash drive on a Windows system as per another recommended fix to no avail.

Is anyone able to help out please?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, trurl said:
  1. Copy config folder from flash to your PC
  2. Prepare flash as a new install
  3. Copy config folder from your PC to flash
  4. Boot

As in using the same USB drive as a fresh install?

Does the config folder keep all my app settings for Plex etc?

1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

Try it from the Console and attached keyboard.

Ah unfortunately don't even have a wired keyboard hanging around!

1 hour ago, olli91 said:

I get the following error when trying to retrieve diagnostics from the command line:

root@Plex:~# diagnostics

/usr/bin/php: /lib64/libssl.so.1.1: version `OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4)

This does sort of sound like maybe a plugin is breaking something.

4 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

See if it will boot in the Safe mode.  (Just realized you don't have a keyboard that would made it easy to do so.) 

You could just rename the config/plugins folder and that would have the same effect; i.e., no plugins would load.

You could also try my above instructions with an older version. I see 6.5.3 is still available for download.

Archived