Smart Data - Drive Errors

jh1987

Can someone help me understand Smart Drive Data? I've got some errors. I've attached the log files and posted the short self-test data below:

I've tried swapping out the cable. The Hard Drive is a Seagate Ironwolf 3TB and it's brand new. My config is four 3TB Seagate Ironwolfs 3 are acting as storage and 1 is parity. I also have a 500gb Samsung Evo acting as a cache drive. The four Seagate drives are connected to a controller (I/O Crest 4 Port SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Controller Card Marvell 9215 Non-Raid SI-PEX40064)

The first two drive and the parity drive all have not had any issues and I ran pre-clear on all four drives when setting my system up.

Thanks for your help!

tower-smart-20190114-1505.zip

Smart Data.JPG

12 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

This is all you need to look at:

Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Short offline       Completed: read failure       90%      1303         5469842936

Failed SMART test = failed drive

Sorry, I'm still not understanding are you saying the drive has failed and that I should replace it?

Edited by jh1987
10 minutes ago, jh1987 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a card you recommend for someone on a budget?

You can get good server pulls from eBay.  There are many models of LSI chipset-based cards that work well with unRAID.

LSI-9211-8i, LSI 9207-8i, LSI 930x-8i (anything based on the 2008/2308/3008 chipsets) and clones of the 9211-8i such as the Dell H310 and IBM M1015 are popular choices with unRAID users.  The clones need to be flashed with IT firmware.

I just bought a Dell H310 on eBay for $30 and flashed it to 9211-8i IT firmware.  You can also find pre-flashed cards for a bit more.

Edited by Hoopster