Unable to access web admin or shares

Hey there,

So I'm having issues accessing my web admin or any of my shares. I've tested the ethernet cable with my laptop and verified it's working. I've connected a monitor, keyboard and mouse to my server and booted to the GUI and accessing it from there and fails too, I can access the internet from that as well. I'll attach some diagnostics, when I boot to the command line I noticed some errors that I'm not sure if they are indicating the problem that could be causing this:

Starting Samba: /usr/sbin/nmbd -D
        		/usr/sbin/smbd -D
				/usr/sbin/winbindd -D
cat: write error: Broken pipe
/usr/bin/md5sum: /boot/config/plugins/preclear.disk/tmux-2.7-x86_64-1.txz: Input/output error
rm: cannot remove '/boot/config/plugins/preclear.disk/tmux-2.7-x86_64-1.txz': No such file or directory

Actually it looks like it's not saving diagnostics. An error about writing the diagnostics to the disk appears. :(

Edited by littlebluebro

Perhaps something is going on with my boot flash drive? If I cd to /boot/ and ls -al the directories have d?????? ? ?  for the info. Maybe the permissions are corrupted? And if I try to cd into /boot/previous/ for example it tells me input/output error.

I also tried shutting down and using my boot flash drive in a different USB port (front port versus the back port for example) and seems like same issue.

Edited by littlebluebro
2 hours ago, littlebluebro said:

/usr/bin/md5sum: /boot/config/plugins/preclear.disk/tmux-2.7-x86_64-1.txz: Input/output error

This suggests that the flash drive dropped offline.  You can confirm by entering in this command after logging in

cat /var/log/syslog | grep bread

Any result means that it did

Try a different USB port, ideally USB2

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Squid said:

This suggests that the flash drive dropped offline.  You can confirm by entering in this command after logging in

cat /var/log/syslog | grep bread

Any result means that it did

Try a different USB port, ideally USB2

This was it, thanks! I guess when I had moved my server last I had switched ports for my flash drive and didn't realize it :( Thanks so much for the help @Squid !