Fixing media split lvl, new share dosen't honor split lvl.

Hi!

Im doing the spring cleaning of my server and noticed that when i set up my movie and tv-show shares the split lvl was set to auto. 
I wanna fix this to avoid unnecessary spin up of disks to get subs or something. 

I read that if i change split lvl on a share that has data unraid won't move the old data, it only applies to new data.
So i made i new share called tv-shows-2 and set split lvl 2 (allowed to split tv-shows but not seasons right?). 

I then went into krusader (docker) and navigated through user shares and moved everything from tv-shows to tv-shows-2 but everything stayed on the same disks? 
I thought it would organize it self because the new share had a different split level?

How do i most easily clean up my media? And how im a sure that new media being written to the shares by sonarr/radarr honors the split level? 

Best Regards
Sweex

20 minutes ago, Sweex said:

How do i most easily clean up my media?

This is what I used:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/34547-diskmv-a-set-of-utilities-to-move-files-between-disks/?do=findComment&comment=391785

21 minutes ago, Sweex said:

And how im a sure that new media being written to the shares by sonarr/radarr honors the split level? 

I believe that as long as it's writing to a user share split level will be honored, but since I don't use this someone might correct me.

If you were trying to move files using Krusader then you have fallen foul of a quirk of the way the 'move' operation is typically implemented in Linux.  Because both shares seem to be the same mount point (/mnt/user) the move get implemented by first trying a rename (which is fast) and then only if the rename fails doing a copy/delete (which is much slower).   In the case the rename has 'worked' so the files end up on the same disk but in the new folder.

You either need to do an explicit copy/delete operation at the Krusader level or do this over the network via the share names..

46 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

This is what I used:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/34547-diskmv-a-set-of-utilities-to-move-files-between-disks/?do=findComment&comment=391785

I believe that as long as it's writing to a user share split level will be honored, but since I don't use this someone might correct me.

Tanks a bunch! where would i enter this command? In the terminal on the wed gui?

41 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you were trying to move files using Krusader then you have fallen foul of a quirk of the way the 'move' operation is typically implemented in Linux.  Because both shares seem to be the same mount point (/mnt/user) the move get implemented by first trying a rename (which is fast) and then only if the rename fails doing a copy/delete (which is much slower).   In the case the rename has 'worked' so the files end up on the same disk but in the new folder.

You either need to do an explicit copy/delete operation at the Krusader level or do this over the network via the share names..

Oh, thanks. The explains a few things. I'll try the script from above first before ill do the more manual option.