Transfer speed keeps dropping to 1MB.

• 9 months later...

Nothing obvious in the logs, but from your description I would suspect a LAN cable (or port) is dodgy.   A 1Gbps connection requires 4 twisted pairs in the to be functional while 100Mbs ( ~ 10MBps) only requires 2 twisted pairs to be operational.   With a dodgy cable/port it is not unknown for the LAN connection to silently degrade from 1Gbps to 100Mbps or lower.   Because the LAN keeps working a cable/port issue is often not diagnosed.

The curious thing is the unplugging/re-plugging the network cable doesn't change anything, nor does swapping to another cable. I would expect this to trigger the system to re-detect the available transfer rate. This system did run as my windows desktop for some time on the same network without any network issues. So this does lead me to lean towards the issue being driver related between unraid and the network adapter.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for bringing the topic back from the dead but were you able to find out where the problem was in your case? I have the exact same problem, Unraid server downgrading network from 1Gbit to 10mbit once the server has been running about 10-20 days and going back to 1Gbit upon reboot.

Have changed cables multiple times (I have a lot of them), even swapping cable/switch port with another system, which runs flawlessly on both the cables and ports - but the Unraid server drops to 10mbit after a while. I am suspecting the network card atm but it does seem like a weird hardware problem - the reboot helps immediately for 10-20 days before the downgrade happens.