smartd status

When checking the smart status I realized that under  /var/local/emhttp/smart

are the disks1 to N; each showing

smartctl 7.0 2018-12-30 r4883 [x86_64-linux-4.19.41-Unraid] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-18, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

/dev/sdb: requires option '-d cciss,N'
Please specify device type with the -d option.

Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary

While in the same directory i also find  the files sda to sdn. Which are showing the right smart results.

I think unarid is getting there  confused.  Would be nice if this could be fixed. In one of the next versions.

Which also brings me to annother thing which should be considerd.   I could not find who is writing disks.ini

But It would be nice if the process who does it  takes the HDD temperature implementaion from the unassinged disks plugin it works more reliable than the current one.

disk 1-x display that if they are spun down.  When spun up, and the background process which periodically checks scans them (Settings - Disk Settings - Poll Attributes), then they are populated with the full smart results.

diskx.ssa contains (looks like) a PASSED / FAILED value presumably based on the smart results

I do not have any sdX files in my folder, so it's probably unassigned devices polling and writing to those files

Hi,

Well the disks are in fact spun up. And in the Disk tab I also get the smartctl  results. After further digging it seems that the emthttp does not supprt / reflect the smartctl right.   As far as I could see the settings in /boot/config/smart-one is right and also the smType is set to SAT.  While the Scripts monitoring and diagnositc from emhttp try to get the type for smartctl commands from disks.ini file.  But in the disks.ini file smType is not present so it calls the smartcl without the type and then gets the error message from my first post. I do not know if this is an oversight. Since the smType was introduced quite recently as I red. 

• 10 months later...

Good diggin dude.

I'm currently facing the same problem, also found another topic in the search results, which seems to be no more existant.

cciss-6.x.thumb.jpeg.0f94a50ae17c6e5bb31cacf786b0ae16.jpeg

So, this seems to be true for all custom controller types...

And this is really bad, if you use some control mechs, like hdd temp dependant functions to be executed...

If there's no other topic about this problem, do we need to push it to bugs?

This is freaking me out like hell, im just a few days on unRaid and for my old QNAP the IT-Chip not workin, but the hdd temps are there.

And for my HP DL380p the hdd temps not working, this one frustrates even more. If there would be any source code for this, i would digg it together my self xD

But for now i just have to go to sleep, because the next day is monday! YAY! Work work work...Coding to rule the World.

Edited by DarkMan83