Call me paranoid - Unraid Unassigned Devices Killing off my SSDs?

OK, so yesterday morning my main SSD, an Enterprise Samsung, surprisingly died.  That sucked, cause it's expensive and was not in a RAID, only backed up, which has taken me several days to sort out.

So I had a spare Intel SSD lying around, given not the newest, which I installed yesterday (different power, different data cable).  It's been going fine, but reboot and now it's dead too.  Coincidence?  Unlucky?

I am off to buy an expensive Intel DC SSD tomorrow, now I'm worried it will die too lol.  But I can't think of any reason why anything in unraid would harm an SSD, the second one wasn't even doing any I/O.  *nix virus?  I wouldn't think so.

Has anyone else got any thoughts, besides the obvious one that I'm paranoid, unlucky and it's all a coincidence!  These things aint cheap!

Edit - both mounted in unassigned devices.

Edited by Marshalleq
Clarification

Yes, however I'm not really wanting to get into all that proving it died thing, they died and I don't need help to fix them.  Just posting my experience in case someone else ends up saying, "Hey me too that's weird" and it turns out to be some unusual virus.  Clearly all of that's extremely unlikely.

Though, I can add this:

The Samsung SM863 is now not visible to smart under unraid / somewhat visible under ubuntu in a usb caddy (go figure), says it is an unknown model, thinks it is 1GB instead of 1TB, doesn't have a partition table, won't take a new partition table in fdisk and really probably shouldn't have died as it's no-where near it's write capacity as far as I know - no smart errors then just poof.

The second Intel is an older one, so it's not entirely surprising, nevertheless, coincidences abound!

System is on UPS.

If the SM863 had a firmware tool, it would be worth trying a refresh, but trying to do that in the past - I never did manage to find firmware, and not with the typical Samsung SSD tools either.

Dead it is.

No, Dead they are. :(  I'm scared to reboot now - my other 2 SSD's could pork it also!

I’d you read my above posts you’d see I explicitly stated I wasn’t seeking help to know those kinds of details. I accepted they were dead. I did this predicting the coming opinions about how I couldn’t be helped. And sure enough, others feel it necessary to tell me off for not posting my diags. So sometimes I feel it necessary to reply and keep the game even. 

Not everyone is looking for detailed step by step support. 

You asked if anyone had any thoughts about what happened.

The diagnostics wasn't needed to help you fix it step by step, but to see what might have happened, as you did ask about it.

Keep the game even? This is not a game. People tried to answer you. Might be better to not post if you don't want answers.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother to post on this any more, this is a stupid conversation and I like to keep it friendly for the most part.  But I will point out you're blaming me again, which is exactly why I wrote that.  I knew this would happen.  Can't win.  But no more posts from me, have a nice day.