SSD as data array without parity disk

I'm about to install Unraid on my desktop machine. 
On this machine I'm going to run Windows 10 Pro and Linux virtualized (with passthrough on the GPU:s) at the same time.
I only have SSD:s in the desktop machine and will not install a loud HDD in it.

I have 4 SSD:s and my thought was to passthrough 1 SSD to each OS and make an array of the 2 other SSD:s in the machine
so both OS:es can access the same files via a share. 

Will it be an issue with SSD:s if I'm not using a parity disk. Actually I'm just creating shares for each disc and will never split files between the discs, they are used as regular discs. For example: A share called "stuff" will only be written to one disc, never ever both discs. 

Because of this I'm not using parity disks, and I'm backing up data all the time so it is ok if a disc dies. 

You may run into slowdowns over time with the main array ssd's, as trim is disabled on array devices to keep from breaking parity. I know you said no parity drive, but trim has been disabled programmatically on those devices regardless of the presence of valid parity. For now if you experience this you will need to unassign those drives and trim them manually.

Some drives work fine without this, but it's something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

If you view the App Store for the TRIM plugin, it gives the commands it uses to trim the SSD's. You can manually run those on your non-parity protected SSD's.

Optionally, you can put in a single spinner with no Parity as your array drives which is used only for backup purposes and otherwise spun down and has a short spin-down delay and put the SSD's in as unassigned drives managed by the "Unassigned Devices" plugin for hosting your VM's. I'm currently using this setup.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jbartlett said:

You can manually run those on your non-parity protected SSD's.

It won't work on array devices, even if there's no parity, only option would be to mount them manually with the array stopped and run fstrim, since there's no parity it won't brake anything.

• Like 1