Rebooting GPU Passthrough VM takes entire unraid to freeze

takkkkkkk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
With i44fx V3.0 is not working for me. Server crashes after shutdown.

@peter_sm Is your system working?
I think it is depending on the platform x79.
Friend of mine had also problems and has now switched to x99 and has no bugs.

So far so good , I’m now back on qemu 4.2 with the boot loader fix. And no issue at all.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/13/2020 at 6:48 AM, peter_sm said:

Solved the issue with adding the following to the boot parameters:

pcie_no_flr=1022:149c,1022:1487

source -- https://forum.level1techs.com/t/attention-flr-kernel-patch-fixes-usb-audio-passthrough-issues-on-agesa-1-0-0-4b/151877

//Peter

I'm fairly new to unRAID but I'm experiencing the same issue when shutting down/restarting VM. I've been reading the forum regarding this issue for the last 3 days and I've done all the necessary steps suggested to prevent this, but without luck.

Question for @peter_sm. Where exactly did you add those parameters. I know they should be in Syslinux configuration but don't know exactly which line. Should I put exactly the same parameters (1022:149c,1022:1487) or ..... <<confused>> Do they still work or you did some neww "modifications"?

@Karatekid would you mind explaining switching from X79 to X99?

7 hours ago, yogy said:

I'm fairly new to unRAID but I'm experiencing the same issue when shutting down/restarting VM. I've been reading the forum regarding this issue for the last 3 days and I've done all the necessary steps suggested to prevent this, but without luck.

Question for @peter_sm. Where exactly did you add those parameters. I know they should be in Syslinux configuration but don't know exactly which line. Should I put exactly the same parameters (1022:149c,1022:1487) or ..... <<confused>> Do they still work or you did some neww "modifications"?

@Karatekid would you mind explaining switching from X79 to X99?

Add the paremeters to the flash drive settings, under Syslinux Configuration. Same place where you add the graphics card IOMMU.

• 1 month later...