d8sychain

[Support] d8sychain - MediaWiki

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

Here is the log file you requested. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I restarted the docker and it fails to allow me to connect to the web interface. I then pulled the log file so it should hopefully show where the issue is coming from.

mediawiki-json.log

@KDP The log looks normal. I don't see that it is trying to serve any pages. Example, after the last line in your log file should be followed with something like this:

{"log":"- -  19/Oct/2020:03:40:00 +0000 \"GET /Main_Page\" 200\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2020-10-19T03:40:01.934684746Z"}
{"log":"- -  19/Oct/2020:03:40:01 +0000 \"GET /load.php\" 200\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2020-10-19T03:40:02.644460091Z"}
{"log":"- -  19/Oct/2020:03:40:01 +0000 \"GET /load.php\" 200\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2020-10-19T03:40:08.060153582Z"}
{"log":"- -  19/Oct/2020:03:40:08 +0000 \"GET /load.php\" 200\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2020-10-19T03:40:08.771861407Z"}

Might need to look at the NGINX log file also. Side note, if you are not to invested into this docker yet, you might want to try a different vision 

d8sychain/mediawiki:edge

https://github.com/d8sychain/docker-mediawiki/tree/edge

There are quite a few improvements to it vs d8sychain/mediawiki:latest. I never merged with 'latest' because basically I never finished updating the documentation that goes along with it.  

Edited by d8sychain
typo

Looks like I might need to brush the dust off of the project, make some changes and put out a MW v1.35. It comes with some nice changes to the MW core.

The original application is written in JavaScript (using Node.js) and was operational on the Wikimedia cluster between Dec. 2012 and Dec. 2019. In 2019, Parsoid was ported to PHP, and the PHP version replaced the JS version on the Wikimedia cluster in Dec. 2019.

Parsoid (the PHP version) is natively bundled in MediaWiki 1.35, released in September 2020. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid

Now that Parsoid has been ported to PHP, Node.js is no longer needed and can be dropped from this docker. Also

MediaWiki 1.35 bundled the VisualEditor extension, which provides a visual editing experience as an alternative to the traditional source editor. It will not be necessary to setup a seperate instance of Parsoid, as it is built into MediaWiki core.

In addition SecureLinkFixer and TemplateData are bundled. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.35#Bundled_extensions

MediaWiki 1.35 is the current stable long-term support release of MediaWiki and its end-of-life will be September 2023

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle

In addition Alpine 3.12 was released May 2020

Edited by d8sychain

This morning I have restarted the container about 10 times and its worked every time, which is unusual, so I cannot get you a NGINX log.

If you believe that the "edge" version is more stable I am more than happy to try it. Does this mean I will lose all my current pages? If so that is not a huge deal as I only have about 20 or so and can simply copy them into text documents to paste into the new version. I am just looking for stability at this point (and a working email function).

I just finished copying all my pages to text documents to paste over to the new wiki. I deleted and cleared the data from the old docker and reinstalled using "edge". Email seems to be working again. I have also restarted the docker a few times and it connects properly every time so far. I am about to start putting my pages back in and will let you know if I experience any future problems. Thanks for your time.

@KDP I realize it might be a little late for this, but MW has an Export pages and Import pagesfeature. They're listed under 'Special pages'. You can export pages, modules, ect as a XML file and then import it to a different wiki.

"You can export the text and editing history of a particular page or set of pages wrapped in some XML. This can be imported into another wiki using MediaWiki via the import page. Http://Your wiki.com/Special:Export"