USB Flash device performance

zoney

Hi there,

I'm new to unraid and currently planing to build an unraid server with about 8HDD. Would like to get some advice on the USB Flash device that I should use with unraid. Currently the closest that I can find matching to the official recommendations are the Sandisk Cruzer Blade 4g and Sandisk Cruzer 4g (new design). A lot of review are saying that the Blade performance is horrible and the new Cruzer (new design) is much slower than the Sandisk Cruzer Micro. I personally like the Blade as it's small and just wondering if I'm going to get any performance hit on the server?

I've also bought the new Kingston Datatraveler G3 4g, and the read/write is really slow (6mb/s and 2.5mb/s)  ???

Thanks for the help in advance  ;)

I've also bought the new Kingston Datatraveler G3 4g, and the read/write is really slow (6mb/s and 2.5mb/s)  ???

I'm using a DataTraveler Mini 4G and it works great.  You need to remember you won't be doing a lot of writing to the flash drive on a normal unRAID installation.  What's more important is the quality of the flash drive itself as a boot device.